Saturday 20 February 2010

All good things come at once, it seems!

 
Last Saturday I met my Mum for lunch to celebrate a recent achievement and along the way we visited a few charity shops.  Oh my did we find some bargains!!  Firstly the sewing box pictured above was found hidden in a dark corner under a rail of clothes.  As soon as I saw it, I dived right down there and grabbed it!  It was purchased for the wonderful price of £14.99!

 
I also found this vintage stainless steel fire place set and coal container for the bargain price of £2.99 each! Perfect for my 50s open fire place :-)

 
The achievement I was celebrating with my Mum was a one year secondment opportunity I have recently been offered with Hull Childrens Fund as one of their Childrens Participation Workers! The ethos of the project is that children's views are central to the planning, development and evaluation of services. The project is city-wide and works with children aged 5-13 years.  Pictured above is a vase of beautiful Tulips I recieved from my husband for getting the job :-) Thanks Alan xxxx

2 comments:

Jodi Kendall said...

great sewing box! And your sushi-making skills are pretty impressive!

Nellie and Neo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.