Wednesday 11 April 2012

Noir Bizarre Grand Opening


Hello :-) I just thought I would pop by and give you an update. So much has happened since I last posted in October, except for creating some new artwork :-( I am still in the midst of studying for a BA in Community and Youth Studies and I will be finishing soon.  I cannot wait to get back in-touch with the studio and start creating some new artwork, my brain is jammed full of ideas and it is starting to hurt!


Friends Bonita and Holly who are tattoo artists, recently opened their own tattoo studio & art gallery in Hull called Noir Bizarre.  One of my illustrations 'No:1 Crazy Cat Lady' was included in the first exhibition. Thanks so much Bonita and Holly for including my art work.

If you would like a custom tattoo doing, I would strongly advise you visit these two talented ladies.
Noir Bizarre - Tattoo Studio & Art Gallery
25 Princess Avenue
Hull
HU5 3RX


Beautiful Holly inside Noir Bizarre

Bonita & Holly and their awesome artwork in the back ground

Whilst at the exhibition, I also got the opportunity to meet visionary artist Tico Chango who was born in Cuba, grew up in New York and now lives here in the UK.  His artwork is wonderful, I love his use of colour pallet, pattern and symbol to tell us his spiritual stories. Please have a look at his website: http://myztico.mosaicglobe.com

Noir Bizarre also sells some wonderful handmade vintage goods, so pop in and have a peek!

4 comments:

Rebekah Leigh said...

Wow that place looks great, and so does your work on that purple wall! I hope your well up there! xx

Nellie and Neo said...

Hi Rebekah, I am doing well thanks :-) I hope you are too xxx

Aitch said...

Ooh, a lovely new shop you've told me about there - looks wonderful and apart from the tattoo aspect, which only interests me from an artistic angle, what interesting artwork they have in there!

Nellie and Neo said...

Yes you should pop in have a peek at the gallery and the wonderful vintage things, everything is reasonably priced and the staff that run it are lovely people.

xx