Sunday 29 March 2009

Sunny Sundays Forever

This Sunday morning I was up bright and early, 7am in fact! The spring sun was poking through my curtains, inviting me to go out and do stuff! Well, firstly I cooked some Apple Scones, which turned out a bit burnt but tasted yummy!

I was then visited by my best friend Sara and her two beautiful daughters Evren (8) and Maddison (2), who sampled the Apple Scones and loved them! Except for Maddison I think, who kept asking Mummy if there were any cookies! I will remember to get some next time Maddison, I promise!

Here is the recipe:

Apple Scones
8oz white or wholemeal self raising flour (or mixed)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
4oz butter
2oz soft brown sugar
2 medium size cooking apples, peeled, cored and finely diced
1 medium egg

Set oven to 375 f or Mark 5. Sift flour, cinnamon and baking powder together into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter, stir in the sugar and apple pieces and lastly stir in the egg. Mould into 10 or 12 heaps (as for rock buns) and place on a floured baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack. Serve sliced in half with butter.

Now I'm off to do a bit of spring cleaning, then into the art studio!!

Bye for now!

No comments: