Saturday 20 June 2009

Oh I do like to be by the seaside.........

Middleton Farm Campsite

Just returned from a little camping trip to Robin Hoods Bay and Whitby, UK.  My husband and I stayed at the Middleton Farm campsite, which is a great place to stay. About a five minute walk from the campsite through some Cow fields and a small Woodland area, you eventually enter Robin Hoods Bay.


Robin Hoods Bay


There are plenty of beautiful rock pools to explore.


My husband Al chilling out in front of the Bay.

I so wanted a dog to walk on the beach.


Brick men sculptures in someones garden, just outside Robin Hoods Bay.


Beautiful front garden display.


Cute little window display








Whitby Abbey in the distance, which was found in 657 AD and was the inspiration for Bram Stoker, author of Dracula. Twice a year Whitby holds the Whitby Gothic Weekend.



The Magpie Cafe, which I think is the best place to buy fish and chips in Whitby.


La Rosa Hotel a fabulous kitsch hotel that I would like to stay a night at sometime.

A scary dog that had watchful eyes and saliva chops!


Someone is keeping an eye on that seagull, see it :-)




Bye for now  :-)

No comments: